No matter where you turn to, some books will constantly show up. These books have become mainstream and are known to most people. Whether or not people have read them, they have surely heard of them. Find out what are the most popular books and whether you should read them.
- 1984 by George Orwell – A classic novel that has seen a resurgence due to the internet and the exposure of governments spying on people. See why so many people mention 1984 in their online discussions and conspiracies.
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – The father of fantasy novel, The Lord of the Rings trilogy is an iconic novel with world building that is unmatched. When you read this novel, you will see its mark in numerous other fantasy novels and see how influential Tolkien really is.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini – a moving tale about childhood friends turned strangers and righting the wrongs. Hosseini’s novel has become an international best seller; find out why!
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – The words “You’re a wizard, Harry” not only changed the life of Harry Potter but also of the millions of readers who have become a fan of this series that is still thriving today.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee – A classic novel that most read in the classroom. Watch Harper Lee and Atticus Finch try to tackle racism as it faces
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown – You may have seen the movie but it does not compare to the Dan Brown novel. Dive into the adventure of a lifetime and see why this novel is on everyone’s to read list.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens – The novel that has been selling like hot cakes. The Delia Owens novel about a woman who was raised in the Marshes in the south and gets dragged into a murder mystery.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – The dystopian novel that took over the book world and went on to become a blockbuster movie franchise. Read the survival novel that instantly became the most popular dystopian novel in the late 2000’s!
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho– A spiritual book about self-discovery that is one of the most bought books of all time. Discover your own meaning from this wonderful novel!
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel – What happens when the ship you are on sinks and there are wild animals on the ship? You end up on a lifeboat with a tiger. Read the crazy and wild story by Martel!
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak– It started with an orphan stealing a book that was supposed to be burned. However, her hunger for words made her steal more books as she and her friends and family try to survive Hitler’s reign.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – Green has a way with words and mixes humor and difficult subjects effortlessly. Read the love story that had many people crying by the end.
- World War Z by Max Brooks – An epic journal recounting the collapse of society when a zombie outbreak took over the world. Now, a journalist travels around the world and interviews people and finds out why things went wrong soon after the outbreak.
These are some of the most popular books out right now. From classics to modern best sellers, most people have heard of these novels. That doesn’t mean that they have read them. It took me a long time to read some of these novels even though I would come across them every couple of months.
Which novels have you read and are there any books on the list that you never heard before reading this list? Let us know he comments below.