Spooky season is upon us which means spooky books. We have curated a list of some of the best Halloween books to read in 2023. Keep reading to find out which books made our list!
This is the best time of the year to read scary novels. Whether you enjoy a good murder mystery of a whodunit, there is something for everyone. Our list will hold you over for months, even after Halloween.
The criteria for a book to make this list was that it had to be on brand. We chose some classics and some recent releases so there is something for every generation. You can see the full list below!
The Best Halloween Books to Read in 2023
- The Complete Tales & Poems by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Restless Dark by Erica Waters
- Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman
- A Witch in Time by Constance Sayers
- The Women Could Fly by Megan Giddings
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
- The Shining by Stephen King
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- Things We Do in the Dark by Jennifer Hillier
- The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley
- Dark Room Etiquette by Robin Roe
That wraps up this list of best Halloween books to read in 2023. How many of these have you read or plan to read? Let us know in the comments below!