The first half of 2023 has come and gone and a lot of books have sold over that duration. We will be looking at the best selling books of the first half of 2023 and see which books sold the most. Keep reading to find out!
2023 has been a busy year with so many amazing books. While the top selling book won’t surprise many people, the rest of the list will. Many of the books on the list weren’t even released in 2023. And an author that has been dominating sales for the past couple of years makes multiple appearances. You can see the full list below!
The Best Selling Books of the First Half of 2023!
- Spare by Prince Harry (1,179,379 units)
- It Starts With Us by Colleen Hoover (884,797)
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover (881,820)
- Atomic Habits by James Clear (625,270)
- Verity by Colleen Hoover (572,626)
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus (521,797)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (484,267)
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (444,706)
- Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover (430,192)
- Happy Place by Emily Henry (415,684)
- Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher (374,113)
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (350,297)
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (356,070)
- Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score (316,164)
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk (310,181)
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides (305,833)
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene (300,210)
- Icebreaker by Hannah Grace (298,547)
- Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover (295,717)
- Twisted Love by Ana Huang (291,578)
- If He Has Been with Me by Laura Nowlin (345,286)
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson (275,534)
- Girl In Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow (220,887)
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins (148,193)
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (143,541)
- The Way I Used To Be by Amber Smith (137,643)
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton (131,126)
- Good Girl, Bad Blood by Holly Jackson (127,871)
- As Good as Dead by Holly Jackson (115,198)
- Better Than the Movies by Lynn Painter (107,069)
- Twenty Thousand Fleas Under the Sea (Dog Man #11) by Dav Pilkey (777,212)
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss (491,007)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (330,143)
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin (300,752)
- You’re My Little Cuddle Bug by Nicola Edwards (268,580)
- I Love You to the Moon and Back by Amelia Hepworth (261,753)
- Taylor Swift: A Little Golden Book Biography by Wendy Loggia (227,649)
- Cat Kid Comic Club: Collaborations (Cat Kid #4) by Dav Pilkey (225,929)
- Diper Överlöde (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #17) by Jeff Kinney (223,023)
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss (215,327)
Familiar Names Top the List
It shouldn’t surprise anyone that Spare by Prince Harry is the best selling book of 2023. Being royalty means that everyone knows who you are and wants to know the tea. The second and third best-selling book of the year belongs to Colleen Hoover. Neither of the two books were released this year. In fact, Hoover has 6 of the best selling adult books out of the 20. She is still a force to be reckoned with. Do not be surprised if she ends up being the best selling author this year again. All without even publishing a book this year.
Seeing data on other genres helps to see what younger readers are reading. Dav Pilkey is always going to make an appearance along with Dr. Suess. Seeing Suzanne Collins make the list takes us back. But nothing surprised me more than seeing The Outsiders make the list. It is a great novel and I am glad that new readers are discovering it.
That ends our coverage of the best selling books of the first half of 2023. With some more upcoming big releases, expect this list to look a bit different at the end of the year. I do believe that this list is going to mostly look the same. Happy reading!