As we get closer to the end of the year, even more lists for the best books of the year are being released. Today, Buzzfeed joins the list and adds their picks of the best books of 2022. Keep reading to see how their list holds up!
Many people know Buzzfeed because of their quiz like article posts but they also have become one the better news websites over the years. And they also cover books often, especially new books. That is why they are on top of new book releases and their picks for the best books of the year seems to hold up pretty well.
Buzzfeed’s Best Books of 2022
- Easy Beauty: A Memoir by Chloé Cooper Jones
- Fight Like Hell: The Untold History of American Labor by Kim Kelly
- Finale: Late Conversations With Stephen Sondheim by D.T. Max
- Crying in the Bathroom by Erika L. Sánchez
- High-Risk Homosexual by Edgar Gomez
- Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands by Kate Beaton
- A Heart That Works by Rob Delaney
- Constructing a Nervous System: A Memoir by Margo Jefferson
- Babel by R.F. Kuang
- Siren Queen by Nghi Vo
- When Women Were Dragons by Kelly Barnhill
- You Made a Fool of Death With Your Beauty by Akwaeke Emezi
- Yinka, Where Is Your Huzband? by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn
- Mistakes Were Made by Meryl Wilsner
- The Violin Conspiracy by Brendan Slocumb
- The Hacienda by Isabel Cañas
- Lavender House by Lev A.C. Rosen
- A Novel Obsession by Caitlin Barasch
- If I Survive You: Stories by Jonathan Escoffery
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- The Book of Goose by Yiyun Li
- All This Could Be Different by Sarah Thankam Mathews
- The Boy With a Bird in His Chest by Emme Lund
- If an Egyptian Cannot Speak English by Noor Naga
There are books on this list that I haven’t seen on other lists. Buzzfeed’s list is made by input from Buzzfeed contributors, reporters, and writers. The list does also include books that have on most lists like Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin and Babel by R.F. Kuang.
What do you make of Buzzfeed’s choices for the best books of 2022? It will be some time before we will be able to determine which books are good and which are just hype. Let us know what you think in the comments below!