August is upon us and that means more new books hitting the shelves. Keep reading to find out which books are going to be released in August that you should add to your reading list!
This has been a great year for books and I can’t wait to see what other amazing books are released. Recently, Barack Obama released his list of favorite books of the year so far. You can expect his end of year list to look a bit different. You can see the full list below!
Books Releasing in August
- River Sing Me Home by Eleanor Shearer
- Mother of Strangers by Suad Amiry
- The End of Solitude: Selected Essays on Culture and Society by William Deresiewicz
- Paul by Daisy LaFarge
- Capote’s Women by Laurence Leamer
- Scenes from My Life: A Memoir by Michael K Williams
- Mount Chicago by Adam Levin
- Killers of a Certain Age by Deanna Raybourn
- Why Didn’t You Tell Me?: A Memoir by Carmen Rita Wong
- When We Were Sisters by Fatimah Asghar
- My Government Means to Kill Me by Rasheed Newson
- Mother in the Dark by Kayla Maiuri
- At Home on an Unruly Planet: Finding Refuge on a Changed Earth by Madeline Ostrander
- Acceptance: A Memoir by Emi Nietfeld
- After You’d Gone by Maggie O’Farrell
- Woman Without Shame: Poems by Sandra Cisneros
- The Complicities by Stacey D’Erasmo
- Knocking Myself Up: A Memoir of My (In)Fertility by Michelle Tea
- Blood Orange Night: A Memoir of Insomnia, Motherhood, and Benzos by Melissa Bond
- My Lover’s Lover by Maggie O’Farrell
- Deer Creek Drive: A Reckoning of Memory and Murder in the Mississippi Delta by Beverly Lowry
- Lark Ascending by Silas House
- Putin by Philip Short
Make the most of this summer by grabbing one of these books when you head to the beach. There is something for everyone here whether you like fiction or nonfiction. The great thing about new books is that you won’t see spoilers for them.
Which book or books on this list are you excited about? What books should we have included on this list? Let us know in the comments below!