Knowing which books to read isn’t always easy. There are books you read for fun and others to read and see why readers love them. That is why we have made a list of the 25 must read books of all time. Keep reading to find out which books made the list!
By only selecting 25 books, many great novels were left out as a result. This list contains the 25 must read books of all time but it should only be the beginning. Hopefully, this list encourages you to check out other must read books and other novels from authors mentioned on this list. You can see the full list below!
The 25 Must Read Books of All Time
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Must Read Books
The top two novels on the list are books that define their respective genres. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the best works of fiction and still as popular and relevant as ever. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings is the best fantasy series of all time and its popularity seems to still be growing.
Novels that you have to read at least once include titles such as The Count of Monte Cristo, The Book Thief, and The Lord of the Rings. These books are going to take you on an adventure and even make you cry.
Other novels that made the list are Dracula, Catch-22, and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. A novel that readers either love or hate is The Great Gatsby. Either way, it is a must read and captures the magic of the 1920’s.
That wraps up this list of the 25 must read books of all time. How many of these books have you read? Which books should we include in our next list? Let us know in the comments below!