A new year means new books to be released. There are a variety of highly anticipated science fiction and fantasy novels that will be releasing this year. From big name authors to new ones, there is a lot to choose from. Keep reading for the most anticipated science fiction and fantasy books of 2023
Discovering new books is half the fun of reading. We have made your job a little easier by listing 17 science fiction and fantasy novels that will be releasing this year. This list is perfect for fans of this genre and for others that want to dive into a new fantasy world!
The Most Anticipated Science Fiction and Fantasy Books of 2023
- Song of Silver, Flame Like Night by Amélie Wen Zhao (Jan. 3)
- The Stolen Heir by Holly Black (Jan. 3)
- Emily Wilde’s Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett (Jan. 10)
- Hell Bent by Leigh Bardugo (Jan. 10)
- The Daughters of Izdihar by Hadeer Elsbai (Jan. 10)
- We Are All So Good At Smiling by Amber McBride (Jan. 10)
- I Keep My Exoskeletons to Myself by Marisa Crane (Jan. 17)
- The Terraformers by Annalee Newitz (Jan. 31)
- VenCo by Cherie Dimaline (Feb. 7)
- The Last Tale of the Flower Bride by Roshani Chokshi (Feb. 14)
- World Running Down by Al Hess (Feb. 14)
- The Crane Husband by Kelly Barnhill (Feb. 28)
- The Mimicking of Known Successes by Malka Older (March 7)
- The Adventures of Amina al-Sirafi by Shannon Chakraborty (March 7)
- The Faithless by C.L. Clark (March 7)
- Bitter Medicine by Mia Tsai ( March 14)
- Walking Practice by Dolki Min, Translated by Victoria Caudle (March 14)
- The Lies of the Ajungo by Moses Ose Utomi (March 21)
- Lost Places: And Other Stories by Sarah Pinsker (March 21)
Some notable authors on the list include Leigh Bardugo and Shannon Chakraborty. The other authors are new to me and I can’t wait to see what critics and fellow readers thing of their books. Hopefully, I do get to read a few of them before the end of the year. You can find out more about the books on the list here!
Are there any books on the list that you are excited for? Let us know in the comments below. Until next time, happy reading!
4 thoughts on “The Most Anticipated Science Fiction and Fantasy Books of 2023”
The Lies of the Ajungo the Song of silver are both really good!
Looks like a really bad year for sci fi and fantasy. That list is awful.