Former president Barack Obama has releases his annual list of his favorite books of 2022. And one of the books to make the list is from the former first lady.
The first book listed by Obama is The Light We Carry by Michelle Obama. The former president does say that he “I’m a bit biased on this one” next to the book on the list.
Barack Obama’s Annual List
It has become a theme for Obama to annually release his favorite books, movies, and songs. One release is released in the summer and then another one before the end of the year. Getting to see what Obama watches, reads , and listens to is a great insight to a former president that we don’t normally get to hear about.
Barack Obama’s Favorite Books of 2022
- “The Light We Carry” by Michelle Obama
- “Sea of Tranquility” by Emily St. John Mandel
- “Trust” by Hernan Diaz
- “The Furrows: A Novel” by Namwali Serpell
- “South to America” by Imani Perry
- “The School for Good Mothers” by Jessamine Chan
- “Black Cake” by Charmaine Wilkerson
- “Ducks: Two Years in the Oil Sands” by Kate Beaton
- “An Immense World” by Ed Yong
- “Liberation Day” by George Saunders
- “The Candy House” by Jennifer Egan
- “Afterlives” by Abdulrazak Gurnah
A Yearly Tradition
“I always look forward to sharing my lists of favorite books, movies, and music with all of you,” Obama wrote, accompanying the post. The movies and songs list haven’t been released yet but should be in the coming days.
What do you think of Obama’s favorite books of 2022? His list includes popular books like Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel and The Candy House by Jennifer Egan. But many of the books on the list are books I haven’t heard of before.
3 thoughts on “Barack Obama Releases His Picks For the Best Books of 2022”