Millions of people are getting their book recommendations from TikTok these days. The video-sharing platform has grown a lot and is used by billions of people. That has led to a BookTok community forming on the app and affecting book sales. And we we will be looking at the most read books of 2022 according to TikTok
TikTok is the New Bookstore
Authors like Colleen Hoover and Taylor Jenkins Reid have seen their books surge on book charts as a result. And the book industry has taken notice. Now, they are teaming up with TikTok to sell directly to customers. How many books is TikTok helping sell that even the book industry can’t ignore them?
In 2021, TikTok helped sell over 20 million copies in print. That number doubled to 40 million in 2022. With amazing results like those, TikTok has established itself as one of the go-to platforms for avid readers. You can check out the most read books on BookTok below. You may notice that many of these books have come across your orbit in the past few years.
The Most Read Books of 2022 According to TikTok
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- How to Read Now: Essays by Elaine Castillo
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Time is a Mother by Ocean Vuong
- Bliss Montage: Stories by Ling Ma
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- Babel by R. F. Kuang
- Either/Or by Elif Batuman
- The Night and It’s Moon by Piper CJ
- How to Fall Out of Love Madly by Jana Casale
- You’ve Reached Sam by Dustin Thao
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab
- Funny You Should Ask by Elissa Sussman
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow: A Novel by Gabrielle Zevin
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- Bunny by Mona Awad
- All About Love by Bell Hooks
- I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
- This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar
- Before the Coffee Gets Cold by Toshikazu Kawaguchi
- The Atlas Six by Olivie Blake
The good news is that the younger generation is reading more and also helping authors by buying their books. Colleen Hoover has become a megastar thanks to TikTok and she isn’t the only one. The younger generation has a voice and it is amplified by TikTok.
What do you think of TikTok’s most read books of 2022? Does TikTok have too much influence? Let us know in the comments below!
8 thoughts on “The Most Read Books of 2022 According to TikTok”
I’m guilty. I have indeed relied on TikTok for my next book and I haven’t been disappointed.
The good books seem to be benefiting which is always great.
Awesome I guess you are a booklover like me, here we have mentioned “how to read every book for free” do visit and share you thoughts https://gobookmart.com/how-to-read-every-book-for-free/?amp