September has come and gone and now is a great time to see what people were reading this month. Keep reading to find out the best books of the month of September!
This list was curated using data from Goodreads. For a book to count, a reader had to have marked it as read. There are quite a few big names on the list that have been dominating for months. You can see the full list below!
The Best Books of the Month of September
- Fourth Wing (The Empyrean, #1) by Rebecca Yarros
- Happy Place by Emily Henry
- Housemaid (The Housemaid, #1) by Freida McFadden
- A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
- None of This Is True by Lisa Jewell
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- Things We Left Behind (Knockemout, #3) by Lucy Score
Popular Books on Goodreads
An author that has seen a lot of success on Goodreads is Sarah J. Maas. She scored multiple books on this list and also has a few books rated highly on the website as well. She also has a book at number 11, just missing out. Considering all of her books are 6 years old at least, that is an impressive feat.
Some new releases that made this list were Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros, Happy Place by Emily Henry, and None of This Is True by Lisa Jewell. Ove half of the books on this list are not new books. Word of mouth has helped many of these books stay popular amongst readers. And when fellow readers see these books on these lists, they are likely give them a read.
These are the best books of the month of September. Readers are giving new books a read but some books are still popular even years after being published. How many of these books have you read or plan to read? Let us know in the comments below!