If you are like me, then you can’t get enough of zombie novels. There are hundreds of novels about zombies and their different takes on the dead creatures. Different authors have taken different angles to write some amazing books. That made us curious which is why we decided to list the best zombie books of all time. Keep reading to find out which ones made the list.
While many people may discredit this genre, they do not realize what they are missing out on. Even one of the most highly regarded authors Stephen King has written a zombie novel. It is what you do with the book, not what genre the book is about. Some of these zombie novels read as suspense and thriller novels and will have you on the edge of your seat!
The Best Zombie Books of All Time
- World War Z by Max Brooks
- Zone One by Colson Whitehead
- The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
- The Girl with All the Gifts by Mike Carey
- Feed by Seanan McGuire
- The Wrath of Angels by John Connolly
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
- Monster Island by David Wellington
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland
- Day by Day Armageddon by J. L. Bourne
- This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
- Cell by Stephen King
- Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
- Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel by Jonathan Maberry
- The Rising by Brian Keene
- Breathers: A Zombie’s Lament by S. G. Browne
- Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo
- Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist
- Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory
- Plague of the Dead by Travis Adkins
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- Devil’s Wake: A Novel by Steven Barnes
- Slow Burn: Zero Day, Book 1 by Bobby Adair
- The First Days (As the World Dies, Book One) by Rhiannon Frater
- Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
- Dead of Night: A Zombie Novel by Jonathan Maberry
- The End Games by T. Michael Martin
- The Passage by Justin Cronin
- The Enemy by Charlie Higson
- Zombie, Ohio: A Tale of the Undead by Scott Kenemore
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Bruja Born by Zoraida Córdova
- The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman
- Night of the Living Trekkies by Sam Stall
- Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
- Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen
- Aftertime by Sophie Littlefield
- Autumn by David Moody
- City of the Dead by Brian Keene
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- Husk by Corey Redekop
Some hidden gems on this list include The Girl with All the Gifts by Mike Carey, The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan and The Passage by Justin Cronin. The most popular or well-known book on this list may be Max Brook’s World War Z and rightfully so. While the movie was great, the book was somehow even better.
An author that I grew up on is Jonathan Maberry and his Joe Ledger novels. But he would go on to release his own zombie novel series called Rot and Ruin. The writing and the plot are top-notch and I loved every second of it. Maberry even released a Joe Ledger zombie book, showing his love for the undead.
That is all for our best zombie books of all-time list. Which books have you read? What books should have made the list? Let us know in the comments below. Until next time, happy reading!
4 thoughts on “The Best Zombie Books of All Time ”
Very pleasantly surprised to see Mark Tufo’s “Zombie Fallout”! What about Chris Philbrook’s “Adrian’s Undead Diary”?
I never saw I am Legend as a Zombie book, more like a vampire book. They talk to him.
Maybe zombie vampires.
I Am Legend is a vampire book. It is 100% not a zombie book. Did the creator of this list even read it??
Strictly speaking, many of these books are not zombies.