As August comes to a close, we will be looking at the latest best-selling books list. New authors make an appearance and we see names that have been trending all week. Find out which books are dominating the charts and what new books made the list.
Best-Selling Books Of the Past Week
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- All Good People Here by Ashley Flowers
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jeannette McCurdy
- The Challenge by Danielle Steel
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Overkill by Sandra Brown
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
- Jujutsu Kaisen, Vol. 17 by Gege Akutami
- Spelljammer by Wizards RPG Team
- The 6:20 Man by David Baldacci
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- Vacuuming in the Nude by Peggy Rowe
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Confess by Colleen Hoover
- Long Live the Pumpkin Queen by Shea Ernshaw
- Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi, Vol. 3 by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Who Made the List?
It is expected to see Colleen Hoover topping the charts and seeing her on the list multiple times. This summer has been hers and that is still true. She landed books from three different publishers which goes to show you just how popular she is.
Ashley Flowers entered the top five with her novel All Good People Here. This is her debut novel and when she isn’t writing, Flowers hosts the number one true crime podcast Crime Junkie. That platform helped her a lot in cracking the top five.
I’m Glad My Mom Died by Jeannette McCurdy just missed the top five with the number six spot. That book has been in the news a lot for the revelations and stuff the child actresses have to go through.
Different Types of Books
Another new book/manga that made the list is Jujutsu Kaisen, Vol. 17 by Gege Akutami at number at number 12. Seeing a manga make it this high on the list is a good sign. And yes, manga does count as reading a book.
Lastly, I had to look up Spelljammer by Wizards RPG Team and was surprised to find out that it was Dungeons and Dragons campaign. What amazes me is that not only were they able to be categorized as a “book” but that they made it to the number 13 spot.
What books grabbed your attention on this list? Will Colleen Hoover dominate the charts next week? Are you surprised that other forms of reading materials made the list? Let us know in the comments below!
1 thought on “The Best-Selling Books Of the Past Week Ending August 21”
I found this list funny. Like, I was just scrolling down and then I see a manga on the list and I was like haha xD.
It’s nice to see lists like these and see what sort of books and authors are popular.