Many people turn to Goodreads to see of they should read a book. With millions of users, they have a lot of reviews and rating that are visible to everyone. That made us curious to the highest rated books and ultimately, the 20 best books on Goodreads.
If you were curious about the highest rated books on Goodreads, then you are not alone. And luckily for us, Goodreads is open about this. They curated a list of the highest rated books.
To make this list, a book has to have at least 10,000 ratings. This list excludes including boxsets, collection books, short stories or selection books, and non-fiction books, except for memoirs. You can see full list below!
The 20 Best Books on Goodreads
- Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling
- Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo
- The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4) by Rick Riordan
- Fourth Wing (The Empyrean, #1) by Rebecca Yarros
- The Wise Man’s Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #2) by Patrick Rothfuss
- Know My Name by Chanel Miller
- Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass, #7) by Sarah J. Maas
- The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Heartstopper: Volume Four (Heartstopper, #4) by Alice Oseman
- Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) by Cassandra Clare
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson
- It’s a Magical World (Calvin and Hobbes, #11) by Bill Watterson
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy
- A Memory of Light (The Wheel of Time, #14) by Robert Jordan
- The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row by Anthony Ray Hinton
- March: Book Three (March, #3) by John Lewis
The Highest Rated Books
The highest rated book on Goodreads is Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson. It is the second book in The Stormlight Archive and one of the best fantasy series out there.
Sanderson speculated that this book is rated so highly is that mostly fans of The Stormlight Archive would read it because it is the second book in the series. If you didn’t like the first book, then there is almost no chance for that person to willingly read this book.
Coming in second is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling. It wrapped up the popular Harry Potter series and fans were happy with the conclusion. It is interesting to see this on this list because Rowling has been constantly enrolled in controversy. Fans haven’t held her opinions against her books.
The third spot belongs to Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo. That is the second book in the Six of Crows duology. I loved this duology and became a fan of Bardugo after reading both books. The second book is filled with a lot of action and is impossible to put down!
These are the 20 best books on Goodreads. They are fan-voted and the ratings of the books changes often. How many of these books have you read? Let us know in the comments below!