Over the past few years, Tik Tok has become a powerhouse. That is especially true in the literary world. Books have charted the best-seller lists because of Tik Tok and that is the norm now. Today, we will be looking at some of the books that became popular because of Tik Tok.
If you have been living under the rock for the past few years, you may have missed the rise in popularity of Tik Tok, a short video sharing app. And in the Tik Tok community, there is a community called BookTok. This community posts videos about books and this has helped many books see a boost in sales.
Readers are more likely to trust people (similar to them) than online lists or organizations and entertainment outlets. We have seen hundreds of books and authors become overnight success stories because of BookTok. Just last month, Tik Tok helped an author top the amazon charts.
That made us curious so we decided to take a look at some of the books that have become popular because of Tik Tok. You can see the full list below.
Books That Become Popular Because of Tik Tok
- Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
- Red White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- The Night and its Moonby Piper C.J.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas
- Someone Else”s Shoes by Jojo Moyes
- Stone Maidens by Lloyd Devereux Richards
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Off the Deep End by Lucinda Berry
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score
- I Have Some Questions for You by Rebecca Makkai
- The Shadow of Perseus by Claire Heywood
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Big Swiss by Jen Beagin
- Pineapple Street by Jenny Jackson
- Central Places by Delia Cai
- Twisted Love by Ana Huang
- Georgie, All Along by Kate Clayborn
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
An author that has become one of the most popular authors in the world is Colleen Hoover. She was the best-selling author last year and she has become the face of the Tik Tok movement. While BookTok usually helps boost a book or two of an author, Hoover has seen all of her books see a rise in popularity. Part of that is due to readers learning about her for the first time and Hoover has dozens of books under her name.
Another author that has become popular and considered one of the best new authors is Madeline Miller. She has seen a couple of her books blow up on the app. Some other novels that have charted best-seller lists include Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, Dark Matter by Blake Crouch, and They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera.
Publishing companies have taken notice and have made Tik Tok a focus. Recently, many publishing companies have partnered with Tik Tok so users can buy from the app now. And there are deals with Tik Tokers to promote books that we don’t even know about.
Expect this trend of books becoming best sellers because of Tik Tok. We have seen many books become best sellers with word of mouth via Tik Tok. How many of these books have you read?
2 thoughts on “Books That Become Popular Because of Tik Tok ”
it should be a crime nto to put I’m Glad my Mom died on here.