Reading books is always a great way to pass the time. Many people however, have a certain genre or theme of books that they prefer to read. Today, we will be listing 8 theatre books that you should read. Keep reading to find out what they are!
Books about the theatre and Broadway are a niche that not many people actively seek. But these books cover the impact of the people and the works on millions of people. They also shine a light on the history of theatre and the important figures that played a part in its history.
8 Great Theatre Books That You Should Read
- Try Not to Hold It Against Me: A Producer’s Life by Julian Schlossberg
- When Broadway Was Black by Caseen Gaines
- Gender, Sex, and Sexuality in Musical Theatre: He/She/They Could Have Danced All Night Edited by Kelly Kessler
- Oscar Hammerstein II and the Invention of the Musical by Laurie Winer
- The Way They Were: How Epic Battles and Bruised Egos Brought a Classic Hollywood Love Story to the Screen by Robert Hofler
- Mediatized Dramaturgy: The Evolution of Plays in the Media Age by Seda Ilter, Enoch Brater, and Mark Taylor-Batty
- American Dramatists in the 21st Century: Opening Doors by Christopher Bigsby
- Broadway Bodies: A Critical History of Conformity by Ryan Donovan
Learn More About Theatre
If you love theatre or want to learn more about it, then these books are the best place to start. These books give a lot of insight and share personal anecdotes that you won’t find anywhere else.
I hope this list helps some people find new books to read. Are there any books that we should include in this list? Let us know in the comments below. Happy reading!