August is here and so are a bunch of new books for you to read. Keep reading to find out which 10 new books releasing in August you should check out!
It feels like this year is already a full 12 months with how many great books have been released this year. There still are a lot more books that are waiting to be released. This month includes big name authors as well as many lesser-known authors that you should give a chance. You can see the full list below.
10 New Books Releasing In August to Check Out
- Mobility by Lydia Kiesling (Aug. 1)
- My Name Is Iris by Brando Skyhorse (Aug. 1)
- Tom Lake by Ann Patchett (Aug. 1)
- The Underworld: Journeys to the Depths of the Ocean by Susan Casey (Aug. 1)
- The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store by James McBride (Aug. 8)
- Prophet by Helen Macdonald and Son Blaché (Aug. 8)
- The Bee Sting, Paul Murray (Aug. 15)
- Nervous: Essays on Heritage and Healing by Jen Soriano (Aug. 22)
- The Deadline by Jill Lepore (Aug. 29)
- Happiness Falls by Angie Kim (Aug. 29)
New Books to Read
There are some names on this list that many readers will gravitate to. Ann Patchett and James McBride are two amazing writers and they never disappoint. I recently read Deacon King Kong by McBride and was blown away at how he is able to use many perspectives to tell a beautiful story.
Another author that has made a name for herself is Angie Kim and many people are excited to see what her next novel beholds. Her previous novel Miracle Creek is a must read and should hold you over until Happiness Falls hits the shelves.
That is all for the 10 new books releasing in August that you should check out. What other books are you excited for? Let us know in the comments below!