Too often we are looking for the next new book to read, forgetting that we can reread books. Some books deserve to be read multiple times. That is why we decided to list the 21 best books that you should reread. Keep reading to find out which books made our list!
When you reread some books, they make a lot of sense the second time around. And sometimes, we miss important details. Lastly, a book that you loved is always worth reading again. While you won’t feel that amazing feeling when you first read it, you can admire the author’s writing and plot. You can check out the full list below.
The 21 Best Books that You Should Reread
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- Magician (The Riftwar Saga) by Raymond E. Feist
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
Rereading Amazing Novels
The list includes all sorts of novels from Harry Potter to The Princess Diaries. Some books are like friends that you visit often. I know I am sad when a great book ends. That is why rereading them is recommended.
There are some novels that read better the second time around. A novel that always feels fresh is The Alchemist. Every reading feels different as I take a new lesson from it. Age also plays a role in rereading novels. I do believe some novels read better at certain ages. Maybe you haven’t experienced life enough.
This list includes novels that are great first reads and worth reading again. Mostly because these fictional stories are too good to not revisit.
That is all for our list of the 21 best books that you should reread. How many books have you read or reread on the list? What books should we include in our future list? Let us know in the comments below!
2 thoughts on “The 21 Best Books that You Should Reread ”
I don’t know how the best book list never include, House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. It’s the only book I’ve ever read that was an experience…after reading such a unique book it’s hard to go back…when there isn’t any pages describing the text, words s l o w l y appearing on the page for suspense, appendixes, footnotes, a few different narrators and somehow tense bough it’s about a house that is bigger inside than out 🙂
I read 9 books of your list (note: I’m not a native English-speaker).
In future please include: A tree grows in Brooklyn/ Betty Smith, Warlights/ Michael Ondaatje, The Goldfinch/DonnaTartt, The Hare with the amber Eyes/Edmond de Waal. But thank you anyway. We need to read