Nothing beats getting comfortable and reading a good book. A serious book is not always the best book to read. Sometimes, you want to read a nice and relaxing fantasy book and we have you covered. We made a list of 20 homely fantasy books that you should read after a long day.
These books won’t stress you out. What they will do is have great world building, a good plot, and characters that you will like. As a reader, we don’t ask for much but what we do ask for is hard to find. You can choose any book from this list and start reading away!
20 Homely Fantasy Books For you to Read
- THE VERY SECRET SOCIETY OF IRREGULAR WITCHESBY SANGU MANDANNA
- THAT TIME I GOT DRUNK AND SAVED A DEMON BY KIMBERLY LEMMING
- LEGENDS & LATTES BY TRAVIS BALDREE
- REDEMPTION IN INDIGO BY KAREN LORD
- CITY OF NIGHTMARES BY REBECCA SCHAEFFER
- THE UNDERTAKING OF HART AND MERCY BY MEGAN BANNEN
- THE CAT WHO SAVED BOOKS BY SŌSUKE NATSUKAWA
- A PSALM FOR THE WILD-BUILT BY BECKY CHAMBERS
- BLACK WATER SISTER BY ZEN CHO
- GARDEN SPELLS BY SARAH ADDISON ALLEN
- HEART OF STONE BY JOHANNES T. EVANS
- INKED BY RACHEL RENER
- CEMETERY BOYS BY AIDEN THOMAS
- FLOWERHEART BY CATHERINE BAKEWELL
- A WIZARD’S GUIDE TO DEFENSIVE BAKING BY T. KINGFISHER
- HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE BY DIANA WYNNE JONES
- THE TEA DRAGON SOCIETY BY K. O’NEILL
- GHOST SQUAD BY CLARIBEL A. ORTEGA
- EVA EVERGREEN, SEMI-MAGICAL WITCH BY JULIE ABE
- ROOT MAGIC BY EDEN ROYCE
Books for All Age Groups
The books on this list include books for adults and YA readers. Some of these you may have heard of but never got around to reading them. I know I haven’t made time for Howl’s Moving Castle even though I loved the movie. This list should give me the push needed to finally read it!
A book I was able to review before it hit the bookshelves is City of Nightmares by Rebecca Schaeffer and I loved every second of it. Having a cowardly protagonist and writing smart and funny jokes makes for a good read. The plot is interesting and there are a lot of twists that make it feel like an early 2000’s cartoon.
These are light-hearted reads and while many of these books won’t bo on your reading list, they do make for a relaxing read. Not every book you have to read needs to be critcally-acclaimed. Happy reading!