When people think of books, certain titles come to mind right away. That made us wonder what are the most famous books of all time? Keep reading to find out which books made our list!
Some books are always going to make the best books of all time list. These are the novels that made us fall in love with reading. And there are other novels that are universally recognized. When a book reaches this level of fame and success, it is going to stick around for decades and even centuries. You can see the full list below!
The Most Famous Books of All Time
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- Lady Chatterly’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Dream of the Red Chamber by Cao Xueqin
- The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- of Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Harry potter series by J.K. Rowling
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Some novels on this list have sold a ridiculous amount of copies. The Harry Potter series is still going strong two and a half decades later. And then there are other books that still sell a good amount of copies every year. Whether it is a new reader or someone that appreciated the novel, these novels live in our minds and hearts rent free.
I remember when The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown took over the world for a year. It was the book to read. And even know, it still is well known. When a book becomes that successful, it becomes a part of mainstream media and will always be talked about. Sometimes it may be because everybody is talking about it and other times, it may be because that novel is just that good like Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.
That is all for our list of the most famous books of all time. How many of these have you read? What other famous books should have made the list? Let us know in the comments below!