One of the biggest movies this year has been Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon. For those that enjoyed the movie, we compiled a list of six books to read that are similar to Killers of the Flower Moon!
Set in the 1920’s in Oklahoma, the movie follows the killings of the Osage in order to steal their wealth. The Osage clan became wealthy overnight because of oil on tribal land. This led to many people wanting their wealth and the Osage people were being murdered one after the other.
This is a true story and if this is the first time you are hearing about this, then you aren’t alone. The movie was based on the book of the same name by David Grann. We have made a list of books that are similar to this one. You can see the full list below!
Six Books to Read That Are Similar to Killers of the Flower Moon
- The Ghosts of Eden Park: The Bootleg King, the Women Who Pursued Him, and the Murder That Shocked Jazz-Age America by Karen Abbott
- Covered with Night: A Story of Murder and Indigenous Justice in Early America by Nicole Eustace
- The Chinatown War: Chinese Los Angeles and the Massacre of 1871 by Scott Zesch
- Built from the Fire: The Epic Story of Tulsa’s Greenwood District, America’s Black Wall Street by Victor Luckerson
- Black Elk Speaks: Being the Life Story of a Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux by John G. Neihardt
- Hell’s Half-Acre: The Untold Story of the Benders, a Serial Killer Family on the American Frontier by Susan Jonusas
These are the six books that are similar to Killers of the Flower Moon! Discover old stories that took place decades ago that few people have heard of. Happy reading!