We have 17 more books that we believe everyone should read at least once in their lives. Keep reading to find out which books made our list!
If you haven’t seen the first list, we recommend you do so by clicking here before complaining about a book being left out. With that out of the way, we can focus on the books that were chosen. We read your recommendations as well as going back and seeing which ones we missed. You can see the full list below.
17 Books That Everyone Should Read At Least Once in Their Lives
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Gulliver’s Travel by Jonathan Swift
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K Dick
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- The Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
- The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Watership Down by Richard Adams
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Books that Everyone Should Read
A book that was mentioned a lot in the comments was Catch-22. It may have slipped our minds but we agree that it should have been included on the first list. The same goes for The Count of Monte Cristo. That is an amazing novel that I recommend to everyone that enjoys great works of literature.
We included amazing novels such as Watership Down and Song of Solomon on this list. Many of these books are books you would read in school and for good reason. When else will these books come across your path again?
One novel that probably feels out of place would be Donna Tartt’s The Secret History. But once you read it, you will see why we included it on this list. In our opinion, it is a classic and any novel that spawns a new subgenre is worth reading.
That is all for our list of 17 novels that everyone should read at least once. That is a total of 40 books in total so far. What novels should we include in the next post? Let us know in the comments below!