Reading classic novels can be a great experience if you choose the right ones. But that is much easier said than done. That is why we made a list of 11 more best classics that you should read. Keep reading to see which 11 novels made the list.
As the title indicates, this is an ongoing list that is going strong. You can see the previous books mentioned here. The novels selected for this list are all great reads. Many of them are novels that you have most likely heard of but never got around to reading them. Now it a great time to give them a chance!
11 More Best Classics That You Should Read
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Watership Down (Watership Down, #1) by Richard Adams
- The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Captain Nemo, #2) by Jules Verne Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
Classics Worth Giving a Chance
If you like fantasy novels, then The Hobbit is a must read. It is set before the events of The Lord of the Rings and is a great adventure novel. Once you read this novel, you will see how many novels are inspired by The Hobbit and TLOTR.
Another must read is Watership Down by Richard Adams. You may be hesitant because the novel is centered around rabbits. But once you start reading it, you won’t be able to put it down. It is a brilliant and well written novel that has aged well over the decades.
These are 11 more best novels that you should read. The list includes many surprise favorites and will have you reading for the next couple of weeks. How many of these books have you read? Let us know in the comments below!