There are a lot of classics out there for you to read. But choosing which ones to read can be a challenge. That is why we created this list of the 9 classics that everyone should read at least once!
Most people have come across some classics in school. It is a different experience reading classics for fun and not a homework assignment. And once you start reading them, you will see just why classics are regarded highly in the book world. You can see the full list below!
9 Classics That Everyone Should Read At Least Once!
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
Classics That You Read
My favorite classics on this list are To Kill a Mockingbird and The Count of Monte Cristo. You may have read To Kill a Mockingbird on school but reading it on your own later in your life is a different experience. And if you like a good adventure novel, then nothing beats The Count of Monte Cristo!
Another novel that should be revisited later in life is The Catcher in the Rye. And just like The Great Gatsby, it is a novel that readers either love or hate. What draws some people in can also be the same thing that makes people hate a novel.
That concludes our list of 9 classics that everyone should read at least once! How many of these classics have you read or plan to read? Which classics should we add on our next list? Let us know in the comments below!