Books are a form of escape but they can also offer great advice. There are dozens of books that can help you in your 20’s. That is why we will be looking at 19 books to read in your 20’s according to Penguin Books. Keep reading to see which books made their list!
Penguin Books is iconic but they aren’t really known for books that center around your 20’s. But after going through their list, I have to say, they know what they are talking about. Many of these selections are great and perfect for readers looking for the perfect books for your 20’s.
19 Books to Read in Your 20’s According to Penguin Books
- Giovanni’s Room by James Baldwin
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
- Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
- Fear of Flying by Erica Jong
- NW by Zadie Smith
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- The Lonely Londoners by Sam Selvon
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- Supper Club by Lara Williams
- Passing by Nella Larsen
- Animals by Emma Jane Unsworth
- On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
- Open Water by Caleb Azumah Nelson
Books to Read in Your 20’s
The list curated by penguin Books includes some amazing classics like The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I know that The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald is a classic but I don’t know if it’ll help you in your 20’s unless you win the lottery or something.
One of my favorites on the list is The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho because it does help. I would say it is a great read in any age as what you take away is different depending of what is going on in your life.
That is all for the 19 books to read in your 20’s according to Penguin Books. It is a great list that has something for everyone. Each novel has something to offer and the books also make great reads. What did you think of this list? Let us know in the comments below!