Here at Books of Brilliance, we love browsing through various lists and finding amazing books to read. Today, we looked at award winning books and decided to list 10 award winning books that you should read. Keep reading to find out which books we chose!
A big reason why we love award winning books is that there is a much higher chance that you will enjoy these novels. They have been reviewed by many people who do it for a living. I will be the first person to say that critics don’t always get it right. But sometimes they do. You can see the list below
10 Award Winning Books That You Should Read
- The Overstory by Richard Powers – Pulitzer Prize for Fiction
- Trust Exercise by Susan Choi – National Book Award
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood and Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo – Man Booker Prize
- Milkman by Anna Burns – National Book Critics Circle Award
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead – Kirkus Prize
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones – Women’s Prize for Fiction
- Down the River Unto the Sea by Walter Mosley – Edgar Award
- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal – Nebula Award, Hugo Award
- The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay – Bram Stoker Award
Award Winning Novels
These are 10 great award-winning books to read that you should add to your reading list. The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead is an amazing fiction story that will make you angry and yet you will want to find out what happens to the two boys in the novel. And when you find out that the novel was based on real events, you will be angry again.
Another novel that is an excellent read is An American Marriage by Tayari Jones. This may be the most popular one on the list and is still talked about today. Great writing is timeless and Jones is proof of that. The Milkman is also a novel that I see on many lists and recommend.
These are the 10 award winning books that you should read. How many books on this list have you read? Let us know in the comments below!