For most people, children’s novels hold a special place in our heart because they are the first books we read. And we continue the tradition and have our children read them. There is a lot of great children’s literature out there. That is why we decided to list the 25 best children’s books of all time. Keep reading to find out which books made our list!
Choosing only 25 books was not easy. There are dozens of great children’s literature that many children read. But tough choices had to be made. So, if your favorite books didn’t make it, don’t hate us. Somebody had to make tough choices. You can see the full list below.
The 25 Best Children’s Books of All Time
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
- Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- Curious George by Margret Rey and H. A. Rey
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss,
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
You will recognize most if not all these books on the list. This is not a list that will surprise you. Maybe some people will be surprised that some didn’t make the list but which ones would you even remove?
Many of these books are common sights in your household and I imagine some of them are even handed down. Children’s books are timeless and magical and I can’t wait to see how this list changes in the next decade!
That is all for the best children’s books of all time list. What books should we have included on the list? Let us know in the comments below!