This has been a great year for books and I hope you have been reading a lot. With so many books to read, we got curious and asked ourselves what re the 10 most popular books of 2023 so far? Keep reading to find out which books are flying off the shelves!
As you may expect, there is no one source that keeps track of all the books. That made this a bit tricky but we decided to turn to Goodreads since they are the most popular book related social media. With an average of 45 million monthly users, this makes them a great source and they usually know what is trending.
For this list, the data comes from users adding books to their shelves. The list is updated weekly so no matter when you check it, it will be current. Now that is efficient. You can see the full list below!
The 10 Most Popular Books of 2023
- Happy Place by Emily Henry
- Things We Hide from the Light (Knockemout, #2) by Lucy Score
- Spare by Prince Harry
- Fourth Wing (The Empyrean, #1) by Rebecca Yarros
- All the Dangerous Things by Stacy Willingham
- The Housemaid’s Secret (The Housemaid, #2) by Freida McFadden
- Final Offer (Dreamland Billionaires, #3) by Lauren Asher
- Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld
- Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano
- What Lies in the Woods by Kate Alice Marshall
Popular Books 2023
It may come as no surprise that Emily Henry topped the list with her novel Happy Place. She has become one of the best romance writers and fans will flock towards her latest novels knowing she always delivers!
A book that seems to be sticking around since being published in early January is Spare by Prince Harry. Being a celebrity (or royalty) is always a great way to sell books. But unlike many celebrity books, this book has a lot of staying power. The book has sold over 1.5 million copies within the first six months and it is still going strong.
That is all for the list of the 10 most popular books of 2023. How many of these books have you read or plan to read? Let us know in the comments below!