Some of the best books that are impossible to put down are thrillers But with so many books to choose from, finding the right thrillers can be hard. That is why made this list of the 30 must read thriller books of all time!
This list is not long enough to include hundreds of many amazing book that readers should check out. These are the 30 standouts and we hope that they show you the best of what this genre has to offer. And to make you a fan and seek out even more thrillers that didn’t make the list. You can see the full list below!
The 30 Must Read Thriller Books of All Time
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith
- The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
- The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth
- The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King
- American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
- In the Woods by Tana French
- Misery by Stephen King
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Those Bones Are Not My Child by Toni Cade Bambara
- The Shining by Stephen King
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- Strangers by Dean Koontz
- Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson
- Killing Floor by Lee Child
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- How to Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie
- A Certain Hunger by Chelsea G. Summers
- The Maidens by Alex Michaelides
- The Snowman by Jo Nesbø
Must Read Thrillers
Stephen King may be one of the best authors to pick up a pen in the mystery and thriller genre. He knows how to pique reader’s interest and never stops with the pace picking up after every chapter. The Shining is a classic but to be honest, you can’t go wrong with any of his novels.
A bunch of spy novels made the list because they were just that good. The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth is a brilliant novel that is a page turner! Tom Clancy’s The Hunt for Red October by Tom Clancy speaks for itself as it has effortlessly become a mainstream phenomenon.
Is there a better thriller novel than Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris? When you are reading the novel, it doesn’t feel like there is. What makes this novel interesting is that it isn’t even the first novel in the Hannibal series. But it is definitely the best book partly because it centers around Hannibal.
That is a wrap for this list of the 30 must read thriller books of all time. How many books on the list have you read? What thrillers should we add to our next list? Let us know in the comments below!