Reading the classics is something that most book lovers do. There are many great books that are must reads. That is why we have curated a list of the ten classics that you must read. Keep reading to find out which books made the list!
There are thousands of classics to read and choosing which ones to read can be difficult. This list will help you get started with some of the best and most popular classics of all time. And this is an ongoing list that is going to grow so if a novel doesn’t make this list, it may make a future list. You can see the full list below!
Ten Classics that You Must Read
- The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
Must Read Classics
Classic novels can be some of the most powerful works of fiction that you will come across. These books are heralded as the best of the best for a reason. To Kill a Mockingbird is a novel that is taught in schools for a reason. And we have seen the importance of novels such as 1984 and The Handmaid’s Tale.
But not every novel has to be a powerful novel to be a classic. For example, a novel like The Count of Monte Cristo is an epic adventure story that is hard to put down once you start reading it. Books like Jane Eyre and The Catcher in the Rye are popular decades later because they are fun novels that make us think and enjoy great writing.
That wraps up pour list of the ten classics that you must read. How many of these classics have you read? Which classics should we include on our next list? Let us know in the comments below!