There are thousands of amazing books to read but most people won’t read most of them. And there are always amazing new books being released every year, making it even more difficult. That is why we have listed the 20 books to read before you die. Keep reading to find out which books made the list!
Choosing what to read next isn’t always easy. After you go through your favorite author‘s books, you’ll have to look around for your next book. This list has 20 amazing books that you won’t be able to put down. All of these books are iconic and critically acclaimed. You can see the full list below!
20 Books to Read Before You Die!
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Must Read Books
One of the most iconic novels on the list has to be 1984. It is unlike anything else and it predicated governments spying on its citizens decades ago. Sometimes you are paranoid and other times you are right to be paranoid. That can also apply to The Handmaid’s Tale to a certain extent. Why else is it one of the most censored books of all time?
A novel that I loved on this list is The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. It is going to make you laugh throughout the series and there is never a dull moment. There is no other novel like it and it will make you appreciate the sci-fi genre.
Other books that made the list include amazing novels that you see things you wouldn’t otherwise come to know. Books such as Beloved, The Book Thief, and The Color Purple remind us the power of books and why value reading and writing highly.
That is all for this list of the 20 must read books of all time. How many of these books have you read? What books should we include in our future list? Let us know in the comments below!