It is that time of the year when organizations release their lists of the best books of the first six months of 2023. With so many great releases this year, there are a lot of books to choose from. Keep reading to see Amazon’s best books of the first half of 2023!
For 15 years, Amazon has released their lists of the best books of the first half. That tradition is going strong and their selections are as good as ever. Their selections are some of the most popular books so far as well as some books that have gone under the radar. You can see the full list below.
Amazon’s Best Books of the First Half of 2023
- Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano
- All the Sinners Bleed by S.A. Cosby
- Generations: The Real Differences Between Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, Boomers, and Silents―and What They Mean for America’s Future by Jean M. Twenge, Ph.D.
- Weyward by Emilia Hart
- You Have to Be Prepared to Die Before You Can Begin to Live: Ten Weeks in Birmingham That Changed America by Paul Kix
- Pomegranate by Helen Elaine Lee
- Age of Vice by Deepti Kapoor
- The Wager: A Tale of Shipwreck, Mutiny, and Murder by David Grann
- The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese
- Happy Place by Emily Henry
- King: A Life by Jonathan Eig
- Lady Tan’s Circle of Women by Lisa See
- Small Mercies by Dennis Lehane
- Hang the Moon by Jeannette Walls
- Symphony of Secrets by Brendan Slocumb
- Warrior Girl Unearthed by Angeline Boulley
- The Great Reclamation by Rachel Heng
- Poverty, by America by Matthew Desmond
- Yellowface by R.F. Kuang
- Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld
Best Books of the First Six Months of 2023
The list includes some big-name authors such as S.A. Cosby, by Emily Henry, and Dennis Lehane. These writers have proven over time that they are amazing writers and the detail to attention has made them fan favorites.
Some other notable books on the list are The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese, King: A Life by Jonathan Eig, and Yellowface by R.F. Kuang. Whether you like fiction or nonfiction, this list something for everyone. Many of these novels will make a reappearance on many end of year lists.
These are Amazon’s best books of the first half of 2023. How many of these books have you read or plan to read? Let us know in the comments below!