Science fiction novels are some of the most fascinating books out there. They can be about anything from time travel to aliens and anything in between. But not every science fiction book is equal. That is why we decided to list the 25 best science fiction books of all time to see which ones are the best of the best! Keep reading to find out which ones made our list.
There are many classics and modern novels that are page turners. With thousands of science fiction books released each year, it makes it hard to find ones that will keep you reading late. Choosing 25 feels like a good amount because it gets most of the classics as well as newer books that deserve recognition.
The 25 Best Science Fiction Books of All Time
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- Foundation by Isaac Asimov
- The Time Machine by H. G. Wells
- The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide by Douglas Adams
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Hyperion by Dan Simmons
- Ringworld by Larry Niven
- I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
- The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
- A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter Miller
Famous Books and Authors
Choosing 25 books for this list was easier than expected. Most of the classics that are highly regarded made the list. Some of them may have just missed the cut because they aren’t as popular or critically acclaimed.
This list includes some of the best science fiction books of all time such as Dune by Frank Herbert, Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick. Besides those, authors that defined the genre such as Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clare also made the list.
What did you think of the 25 best science fiction books of all-time list? Which books should have made the list? Let us know in the comments below. Until next time, happy reading!