John Wick 4 starring Keanu Reaves has hit the theaters and fans are ecstatic. It is an action-packed movie with a lot of weapons involved. If this is your type of movie, then we have ten books to read after John Wick. Keep reading to find out what they are!
What is John Wick?
John Wick is a former hitman that is dragged back into the criminal underworld after his dog is killed and his car stolen. What follows is some of the best gun-fu choreography of all time that has made John Wick a fan favorite. The series started in 2014 and the latest movie (John Wick 4) was released in 2023.
Ten Books to Read After John Wick
- Iron Widow by Xiran Jay Zhao
- Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig
- Never Saw Me Coming by Vera Kurian
- The Female of the Species Hardcover by Mindy McGinnis
- Three Assassins by Kotaro Isaka, Sam Malissa (Translator)
- Fun and Games by Duane Swierczynski
- Revenge: Eleven Dark Tales Paperback by Yoko Ogawa, Stephen Snyder (Translator)
- The Killer by Tom Wood
- When the Reckoning Comes by LaTanya McQueen
- Orphan X by Gregg Hurwitz
There are a lot of novels like the John Wick movies. The subgenre of assassins and seeking revenge are not new concepts. Their popularity, however, is credited to movies and books like John Wick that create a need for these types of books.
Some may argue that this works better in movies and seeing it is a lot more appealing than reading about it. But unlike movies, books have no limits and they can do things that movies don’t have the budget for. Not every movie is going to be able to spend millions to create the best visuals like John Wick.
That is all for our list of the ten books to read after John Wick. What books should we have included? Let us know in the comments below!