Reading memoirs and autobiographies are not for everyone. That’s because many people want fantasy or some epic adventure or love story. But true stories can be just as entertaining if not more. Some stories are that crazy. We decided to list the ten best memoirs of all time and see which ones are the best of the best.
While making this list, we realized it is hard to have a standard for this type of list. Ultimately, it boils down to which memoirs and autobiographies you like the most. So, while this is a top ten list, it is just one of many out there. These are the books we decided to choose for our list. You can see the full list below.
The Ten Best Memoirs and Autobiographies of All Time
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo by Hayden Herrera
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- I’m Glad My Mom Died Kindle Edition by Jennette Mccurdy
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
- John Adams by David McCullough
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- The Power Broker by Robert Caro
Our Favorite Reads
We couldn’t start off this list without mentioning Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama. It is a powerful book and one we recommend. This was before Obama was President of the United States. The book has been revised and republished since then but I believe the book itself wasn’t changed.
The rest of the list includes great memoirs and autobiographies that will keep you entertained. Having Jennette McCurdy’s I’m Glad My Mom Died on the list might turn heads because it was released in 2022 but it was so good that we couldn’t leave it off. Looking back at it ten years from now, we are certain it will be one of the best memoirs of all time.
That is all for our ten best memoirs and autobiographies of all-time list. What books would you have included in your top ten? Let us know in the comments below. Until next time, happy reading!