There is something about Young Adult (YA) books that make them some of the best reads of all time. Different writers bring their unique perspective to their book and it ends up being something that millions of readers can relate with. That is why we will be listing the best young adult books of all time.
When thinking about YA books, there are some that instantly jump out at you. And then there are others that you read and still think about to this day. Readers of all ages can enjoy coming to age books that put into words that often slip off our tongues. That is what great writing is about and why we celebrate it.
The Best Young Adult Books of All Time
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
- Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- Monster by Walter Dean Myers
- The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
- Before We Were Free by Julia Alvarez
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Tyrell by Coe Booth
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
As you can see, the list includes classics like A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, and Lord of the Flies by William Golding. These are books that you often read for school assignment and if you weren’t able to appreciate it then, visiting them again and reading it for your own enjoyment will make it a better experience.
Other books on this list that need mentioning are To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Monster by Walter Dean Myers, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. With these novels, you get great storytelling and stories that will connect with you.
That is our list of the best young adult books of all time. The line for what is considered YA is not always obvious. Still, I think these are the best YA books that I could think off. There will be definitely some that I missed and I will add them in the future.
What books should have made the list but didn’t? Let us know in the comments below!