Steve Adcock was able to retire at age 35 in 2016. He had saved up $900,000 and was able to reach a million a few years after. Like many millionaires, he wasn’t born into money. He credits 8 books to helping him become a millionaire and retire early.
8 Books That Helped Adcock Retire a Millionaire at 35
- The Millionaire Next Door: Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy by Dr. Thomas Stanley
- The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich by David Bach
- Brain Makeover: A Weekly Guide to a Happier, Healthier and More Abundant Life by Phyllis Ginsberg
- Just Keep Buying: Proven Ways to Save Money and Build Your Wealth by Nick Maggiulli
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works by Ramit Sethi
- Stop Overthinking: 23 Techniques to Relieve Stress, Stop Negative Spirals, Declutter Your Mind, and Focus on the Present by Nick Trenton
- The Psychology of Money: Timeless Lessons on Wealth, Greed and Happiness by Morgan Housel
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship With Money and Achieving Financial Independence by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez
An Early Retirement
Becoming a millionaire and retiring in your 30’s is not an easy task. In this day and age, a million dollars is not enough to retire in your 30’s anymore. That indicates that Adcock’s money is earning him money. After he retired with 900,000, Adcock made $100,000 plus in the years after.
Even after his yearly expenses, Adcock was still able to make a profit. He is taking the advice from the 8 books listed above and letting his money work for him. If you look at the list, not all the books listed are about making money. Some of them are about your mental health and psychology.
Few people can retire at age 35. But the ones that do are smart with their money. They plan for the future and increase their wealth even after retirement. These 8 books can help many people become money smart and also be on the fast track to an early retirement!