Best-selling author Jennette McCurdy wrote one of the best autobiographies of 2022 and has no plans to stop anytime soon. Besides writing a successful debut novel, she can also be found reading a book. We will be taking a look at Jannete McCurdy’s favorite books and see what she likes to read in her spare time!
The former child actress is best known for her role as Sam on iCarly. She started acting at age 6 and eventually landed a role on the Nickelodeon show years later. You can read her first-hand accounts in her autobiography I’m Glad My Mom Died.
After her career at Nickelodeon, she has released a pilot and four short films. Not many child actors make a successful transition and that is something McCurdy admits in her novel. But she has done just that. Mccurdy also runs a podcast called “Empty Inside” where she tackles difficult topics with her guests.
Jennette McCurdy’s Favorite Books
- Mating in Captivity by Esther Perel
- Encouragement Can Be Fatal by Mike DiCenzo https://amzn.to/3yISksW
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal? by Jeannette Winterson
- This Boy’s Life by Tobias Wolff
- Homesick for Another World by Ottessa Moshfegh
- Postcards From The Edge by Carrie Fisher
- The Lonely Doll by Dare Wright
- The Liars’ Club by Mary Karr
- My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Ham On Rye by Charles Bukowski
- A Feminine Ending by Sarah Treem
- Good Old Neon by David Foster Wallace
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Red Speedo by Lucas Hnath
- This Is Our Youth by Kenneth Lonergan
- Don’t Bite The Hook by Pema Chödrön
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chödrön
- Mrs. Fletcher by Tom Perrotta
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- The Game of Life and How to Play It by Florence Scovel Shinn
A Great List
This looks a list of someone who enjoys reading books. There is a good mix of popular novels and lesser-known names that readers come across by chance. I will admit, I haven’t read many of these books and I will be adding some of them to my reading list.
A book that I enjoyed seeing on the list was The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. It is a long but wonderful read. I must warn you, Donna Tartt’s writing style is not for everyone. Her books are often a bit too long but that is her thing. She writes one book a decade on average and makes the most of it.
This feels like a list from someone you would bump into at a bookstore. There are a bunch of gems on this list and I’m sure many people will find good books to read from this list. What did you think of Jennette McCurdy’s favorite books? Let us know in the comments below. Happy reading!