Nothing beats a good story centered around a robot. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they want to destroy the world. When a great author decides to center their story around a robot, you know you are in for an epic adventure. We decided to take a look at the best robot books of all time to help you find your next read!
There are a few classics centered around robots such as The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide by Douglas Adams and Foundation by Isaac Asimov. But a majority of them don’t get the attention they deserve. With this list, we hope to share great books about robots that are a must read!
The Best Robot Books of All Time
- The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide by Douglas Adams
- The Complete Roderick by John Sladek
- Excession by Iain Banks
- Mockingbird by Walter Tevis
- Cyborg by Martin Caidin
- Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan
- Doug Unplugged by Dan Yaccarino
- Boy + Bot by Ame Dyckman
- I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
- Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
- Foundation by Isaac Asimov
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- All Systems Red by Martha Wells
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
- Rossum’s Universal Robots by Karel Čapek
- Daemon by Daniel Suarez
- The Alchemy of Stone by Ekaterina Sedia
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Saturn’s Children by Charles Stross
- Ilium by Dan Simmons
- The Complete Robot by Isaac Asimov
- The Naked Sun by Isaac Asimov
- Robots and Empire by Isaac Asimov
- The Caves of Steel by Isaac Asimov
- The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
- Love, Z by Jessie Sima
- The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi
- The Soul of the Robot by Barrington J. Bayley
- Sea of Rust: A Novel by C. Robert Cargill
King of Science Fiction
Isaac Asimov is known as the king of science fiction for a reason. His contributions to the genre are unmatched and his books about robots make for great reads no matter what year it is. He has inspired many of the authors on this list and it is no surprise that he has six books that made the list.
Other books that aren’t as popular but are worth a read are Mockingbird by Walter Tevis, Ilium by Dan Simmons, and Cyborg by Martin Caidin to name a few. You can’t go wrong with any book on this list!
That is all for our best robot books of all-time list. Which books stood out to you? What book should have made the list but didn’t? Let us know in the comments below. Until next time, happy reading!
4 thoughts on “The Best Robot Books of All Time ”
I agree with your list with one exception. There is not a single robot in “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?”. The androids are genetically engineered. No robots involved at all.
Nice list but Asimov’s Foundation hasn’t got any robots
I’ll look into that. It made various best to robot book lists so pretty surprising.