Horror books make for some of the best reads because who doesn’t love a good scare? 2023 promises some great new horror books as we cover new horror books that will be hitting the shelves this year.
If you enjoy getting scared, then the new releases will be more than satisfactory. Every scary trope seems to be covered and even a book centered around Lovecraft. You can see the ten new horror books that are going to be released this year below.
Horror Books Releasing in 2023
- How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix – January 17
- All Hallows by Christopher Golden – January 24
- Don’t Fear the Reaper by Stephen Graham Jones – February 7
- The Black Guy Dies First: Black Horror Cinema from Fodder to Oscar by Robin R. Means Coleman, Ph.D. and Mark Harris – February 7
- The Destroyer of Worlds: A Return to Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff –-February 21
- Piñata by Leopoldo Gout – March 14
- Lone Women by Victor LaValle – March 21
- The Beast You Are by Paul Tremblay – July 11
- Those We Drown by Amy Goldsmith – July 11
- Silver Nitrate by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – July 18
New Releases 2o23
Books that caught my eye include The Black Guy Dies First: Black Horror Cinema from Fodder to Oscar by Robin R. Means Coleman, Ph.D. and Mark Harris and the new Matt Ruff novel. Other novels on this list are intriguing and I might give them a try when they are released. You can learn more about the books here!
Did any of the books on the list grab your attention? Let us know in the comments below. Happy reading!